Discussions on TRACTION: The 4 Practices of Change-Fit Leadership Teams
I am on a Mission to see more positive transitions than people and organisations being disrupted in this decade of accelerated change.
I stand with the leaders accountable and responsible for delivering outcomes to positively impact for stakeholders in these turbulent times.
With three decades practice I am a proven partner for Transformation professionals and Executives and Boards leading transformation.
Sharing resources and working with you building change-fit leadership teams who can adapt and thrive while industries and communities benefit from the traction of their cause.
You will experience my passion to Amplify impact for individual professionals, leadership teams and organisations, Australian and global transformation/ innovation ecosystems.
Here is what some have had to say:
“Bernie’s knowledge and experience in the health care sector has allowed him to show us what excellence looks like & how we can achieve it. Bernie is all about building capability in others. He has taught me to look at things through a different lens, to constantly challenge myself & to maintain an ‘at cause’ attitude.”
- Nicola O’Loughlin, CALHN Recovery Team, SA Health
"Bernie worked with our team at a variety of levels including Executive to improve capability and performance. Over a 3 year period we moved to a change adaptable culture with many of our people capable of leading and driving successful change projects.
Bernie’s skills helped to take our hospital which was at capacity and deliver increased throughput, efficiency, financial performance, service quality and patient satisfaction."
- Michael Krieg, Group Executive- Hospitals at UnitingCare Queensland
"Our Board, Executive Team and offices have worked extensively with Bernie over a number of years and continue to do so. We have certainly benefited from Bernie's involvement and have a deep respect for his subject knowledge. His guidance has transformed the way we work to ensure efficient governance and a systematised approach to process. Even though our business has experienced a period of huge growth over the past 5 or so years, I still refer to Bernie for assistance with strategic alignment and clarity. I have no hesitation in recommending Bernie to others."
-Brendon Hulcombe, Senior Managing Director, Head of Pacific, CBRE Valuations and Advisory Services
From first-hand experience as an executive in growth & service transformations, financial & operating turnarounds, and over 10,000 hours in diagnostics and training for organisational transformation Bernie knows that the number one point of failure when organisations attempt to transform, is leadership teams that are not change-fit and are in fact change-fatigued and therefore cannot get traction in an environment of continual change.
This matters, if you are accountable to optimise your existing investment in transformative platforms, systems, and methods AND if you are seeking to chase opportunities to grow impact.
I am on a quest to see more transition and less suffering from disruption this decade. I am leaning in to be of greater service to transformation professionals and leaders of organisations in transformation. We need to play a bigger and better game.
Working with me, leadership teams are set up to transform the organisation; own the change, understand the change and do the work that gets traction to transform.
Through a career working in planned and unplanned phases of transformation I have become a life-long learner, practitioner, and mentor. I understand what it takes to work through the personal and team dimensions of transformation and love seeing the breakthroughs working alongside people as their Transformation Partner.
I have been involved in executive teams as a CEO, COO, Exec, and Mentor:
• Intelog Business & Healthcare Performance Group - launched and grew business in Private & Public Health, Med Tech, and Professional Services. Clients across ANZ and SE-Asia. Developed and marketed predictive analytics systems.
• Kimberly-Clark ANZ - Revenue growth & doubled EBITDA%, resulted in $200m investment
• Golden Circle Limited– Revenue growth & cost reduction, resulted in $50m capital raise and strategic sale process.
Diageo - new product innovation and global supply chain development
• Gabriel Health Systems founding team - working at the bleeding edge of telco, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and Health Funding.
Strategic Advisory & Facilitation step change programs include:
• HTW (Herron Todd White Professional Services) $60-$120m annual revenue growth
• Cabrini growth, EBIT, quality, and patient experience
• St John of God Ballarat growth, EBIT, quality, and patient experience
• PWR (ASX listed) global growth strategy
• Private ingredients company $20-$26m revenue growth and preparation for sale
• Public Hospital Redesign capability building – Program development and Train the Trainer for large scale roll out: Monash, Austin, RVEEH,Southern Melbourne Integrated Cancer Services (incorporating The Alfred,Monash, Cabrini, Peninsula Health), Albury-Wodonga Health, Singapore, New Zealand
Over the last two decades I have been really focused on transformation of Services such as Health Services, Health Value Chain, and the Food Value Chain to proactively face crisis in complexity, disengagement, public concern, and financial viability. I have worked with innovators in business and operating models, networks, and product and services.